Jay (Jaehyun) Choi
Chief Executive OfficerFounder of REMCO Partners, a blockchain research & investment firm. Jay has over 10 years of start-up/enterprise experience along with years of SAT tutoring experienceEducated at Purdue University
Chief Financial OfficerOver 8 years of experience as an accountant with KMPGEducated at Purdue University & a certified AICPA accountant
TUDA has an ambitious dream of creating schools for everyone in this world. Regardless of being a professional or non-professional, users can learn and teach passionately based on one's own knowledge and experience, anywhere and and any time. Also, we will establish the largest education community based on blockchain for all content producers, who can monetize their information and receive copyright protection. Ultimately, the best policies and educational contents will be rigorously verified to provide the best educational experience to our users. To fulfill such dream, TUDA will begin its journey in South Korea, one of the educational meccas of the world.
The current education system has many issues ranging from the size of the class, the location of the school, the quality of education, funding, home environment, etc. After analyzing such various issues, TUDA has decided to focus on three key topics:
- Centralized Education System - Education is limited to where the student lives with a focus on mass education, which is typically managed by the government.
- Quality of Education - It is difficult to assess the quality of education and transparency on the quality of education is low.
- Fragmented Education Ecosystem - Difficult to assess the quality of education service and cost continues to rise while the quality remains unchanged.
Education is confined to the country the students live in and students will invest in private education the more they do not agree with the existing educational policies. Current educational policies are centralized by the governments, which makes it even more difficult to provide educational services customized for a student.
In the era of accessibility, transparency, and safety, TUDA will gradually solve the chronic issues with the current education system through the decentralized method based on blockchain technology. Everything in education system today is centralized and the expansion of education services are difficult as costs rise from scale, while improving the quality of service is difficult. TUDA will combine the fragmented education environment with a goal to produce a blockchain-based protocol that will contribute in solving the issues with the education system we see today. It will be applied to fields as follows:
- TUDA will apply a secure and fast transaction system and also implement a rational profit distribution scheme. This will be done by distributing copyrighted contents (curriculum, textbook feedback, course video, problem workbook, image, text, column, etc.) produced by each CP (Content Producer) through a decentralized method, using end to end blockchain technology.
- TUDA will be designed with high-level security and will be developed based on blockchain technology. Through blockchain technology, TUDA aims to verify the current accreditation status (class completion/graduation, student ID, certificates, etc.) of each individual. All relevant data will be checked in a short period of time and forgery will not be possible.
- TUDA will allow transactions of individuals' valuable contents freely and such transactions will be transparent as well as having almost no distribution charges.
Integrating an interactive community of teachers, parents and students in an effective decentralized ecosystem
A platform to communicate with other stakeholders as well as allow them to monetize their intellectual contents
TUDA will focus on making relationship between the teacher, parent, and student, as well as the progress of the student transparent, enabling parents to make a better decisions into the education of the student
Utilizing a combination of blockchain technology and SMT's protocol with in-house big data systems to provide smart recommendations for the student
New Tutor's Diary
TUDA aims to first be the best community of teachers in the world. The beta version has already been released on the Android platform via the Google Play Store. TUDA will provide all of the tools needed by a teacher in one handy mobile application, from calendar/class management, student management, curriculum management, tuition management, etc. In the future, SMT's protocol will be added, as well as an added focus to further verify our teachers, a problem set marketplace, a tuition collection tool, etc. to make sure that TUDA is the only app needed for our teachers on the go.
A Crowd-Sourced Problem Solving
Once our community of teachers become more robust, the TUDA team will add a crowd-based problem solving feature, enabling students to ask any questions at any time. Our teachers will provide instantaneous solutions for these students. Using the TUDA platform, these solutions will then be processed with the SMT-incentivized platform to verify the solution that the teacher provided. Participants will receive TUDA tokens, that will be utilized in our TUDA ecosystem to purchase materials, classes, or be sent to an exchange.
TUDA will use internal big-data solutions to create an AI chatbot that will communicate with teachers, students, and parents, as well as provide a recommendation engine for the problems that have arisen.
My Little Class
Once our crowd-based problem solving platform has been through millions of cycles, the TUDA will release an MCN & VOD-based online classes for our students. This functionality will only be available for TUDA teachers that have been verified through our problem solving platform to ensure that our students receive instruction from verified teachers.
Students will have the option to participate in live classes with the MCN classes, or utilize a series of past classes on our VOD network.
My Little School
TUDA will become the first international educational platform that allows anyone with access to a mobile phone and internet to receive a quality education. Once our goal to become the best online tool in education succeeds, TUDA will also build offline schools to cater to students. Building this offline portion is crucial as students will need a sense of community that is highly unlikely with a pure online-based education.
Imagine a school where students gather to receive an education. A school where there are no teachers, but counselors, who are there to guide the students towards a customized curriculum. A school where each student learns at their own pace.
TUDA Platform Services AdvisorCo-founder of Ticketmonster Inc. and Althea Inc., bringing in successful experience of creating billions of dollars in corporate valuations and managing large ventures. Chris also has experience over 10+ years of tutoring, utilizing his know-how to formulate necessary functions within the TUDA platform.Educated at University of Pennsylvania
Yohan John Kim
Blockchain AdviserFounder of NE Partners and LP of Pantera Capital, a top blockchain fund. A serial entrepreneur and former venture capitalist, his knowledge and expertise combining blockchain technology with startups will guide the team with the ebbs and flows of the project.Educated at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Blockchain AdviserCEO at DAYLI Marketplace (Executive Board Member at DAYLI Financial Group, which owns Coinone, a global top 50 cryptocurrency exchange). Relationships with successful ICO’s such as ICON and Insureum.Educated at Pohang University of Science and Technology
Investment AdviserVenture Capitalist in Formation group (Investor of DAYLI Financial Group).Educated at University of Waterloo
Legal AdviserA US lawyer with extensive experience in startups (co-founder of Eonetime). His international legal knowledge will guide the platform expand globally.Educated at George Washington University (J.D with Honors, passing the bar in NY)
Dr. James Won-ki Hong
Educational AdviserDean of Graduate School for Information Technology and Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH).HBSc and MSc degrees in Computer Science from the University of Western Ontario, Canada and a Ph.D degree in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo
Educational AdviserListed as one of the Top 100 EdTech Influencers in 2017 by EdTech Digest Magazine, Robert is a Serial Entrepreneur with 30+ years of experience in Information Technology, strategic planning and innovation. He is a global business leader passionate about leveraging technology to improve the quality of life for all, with a special focus on K-12 education.CEO of Global Grid for Learning
Educational AdviserJUNGHWAN LEE is the current CEO and head instructor of Keosan Education, which is one of the top private learning institutes in Seoul, South Korea. Mr. Lee started his career as a math teacher while being an integral member in developing EDUPANG, GOOKPOONG2000, K-TUTOR, SISUN, SOFTPUB, EDUCATION, CLOUDPAY, and the Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation. His deep involvement in the private educational sector in Korea will pave the way for forging critical relationships and partnerships to join the TUDA platform.CEO and head instructor of Keosan Education
The TUDA app provides an integrated management system where you can easily register, check, delete, and modify all class schedules and sync it with your existing personal calendar as well.
- Register, check, modify, and delete one-time or recurring schedule
- Register, check, modify, and delete class schedule linked with students' info and align it with your personal schedule
- Show holidays and weather
My students' general info (parent / school / grade / address / phone / e-mail, etc.) and class info (subject / textbook / grade / memo, etc.) can be easily managed.
- Register, check, modify, and delete general info of students/parents
- Attendance textbook, class fees, class start/finish management
- Check history of sent/received SMS between teachers/students/parents
Easily manage history of SMS sent to parents, history of class evaluation, homework completion, textbook selection, memo, etc., and tuition info.
- Check, modify, and delete students' daily class evaluation, homework, textbook, etc.
- Send SMS to parent on class evaluation and history management
- Register, check, modify, and delete tuition info
- Tuition payment possible via the TUDA app for personal tutors (scheduled)
Provides a real-time communication lounge for teachers only where they can talk about teaching know-how, share curriculum, textbook info, issues with class management, etc.
- Bulletin board with familiar real-time messenger UI
- Send, check (zoom in/out), delete, and download image
- Various categories (problem solving, info sharing, fun chatting, and more)
- Easy ID touch info check and real-time alert when a post is written
Provides self-promotion area where teachers can recommend and introduce tutoring/private institution jobs to each other.
- Curriculum introduction and job info sharing
- Curriculum introduction, available location, time and other information
TUDA not only provides class management but also various easy-to-use features
- Simple registration function using point button at all menus
- Real-time messenger "TUDA Talk" with fresh design
- Personal memo function you can use anywhere and at any time
- Today's weather feature
- My personal theme feature
- Tutor class alarm function (student info, weather info, traffic info, and function to select means of transportation) (TBD)
Q. How will I receive my TUDA tokens?
A. At a set date in the future after our team has undergone all of the KYC procedures, the TUDA team will send the TUDA tokens (ERC-20 compliant) to the ethereum address that were used to send the ETH to our ICO address.
Q. How can we contact you?
A. You can contact us via email and KakaoTalk. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can contact KakaoTalk via the KakaoTalk link at the bottom of the page. Also, we have an official Telegram and Twitter account. All others at the moment are not official and owned by other parties that are not our own.
Q. Where is TUDA located?
A. TUDA is currently incorporated in Singapore.
Q. Can we use fiat money for the private/crowd sale?
A. No. We will accept only Ethereum (ETH) payment methods. You can use fiat money to buy ETH on most cryptocurrency exchanges.
Q. Who is restricted form participating in the token sale?
A. Citizens and residents of United States of America, Algeria, Morocco, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan, Bolivia, Bangladesh and Mainland China are restricted and will not be allowed to participate in our token sale.
Q. Which cryptocurrency wallet should I use for the token sale?
A. You will need and ETH wallet that supports ERC20 tokens, such as MyEtherWallet. We do not recommend using ETH ddresses given to you via exchanges. as these ETH addresses are owned by the exchanges (private keys are owned by the exchanges). DO NOT send your funds before the start to token sale, they will be rejected.
Reach out to us!
If you have any questions regarding the TUDA platform, please email us and we will get back to you as soon as we can!